- Lifespan: May 22, 1896 – Nov. 8, 2008
- Age: 112 years, 170 days
- Birthplace: Milton, Caswell County, North Carolina, USA
- Last residence: Columbus, Franklin County, Ohio, USA
- Validation date: July 22, 2015
- Validation source: Filipe Prista Lucas/Robert Young/Ilias Leivaditis/Oliver Trim/Waclaw Jan Kroczek
Ruth Brown claimed to have been born on Apr. 22, 1900; however, the research by the Gerontology Research Group has proven that her actual birthdate was May 22, 1896. Brown was born in Milton, North Carolina, USA. She was the daughter of Nancy and Charles Stamps. In her adult life, she married Tom Brown. The couple had three daughters: Mary Ellen Patterson, Theodosia Cole ,and Lois L. Brown. She attended Aenon Bible College, was a longtime, faithful member of the Church of Christ of the Apostolic Faith, and was employed for many years at the Florence Crittendon Home and the Pauline Home for the Aged. Ruth Brown died Colombus, Ohio, USA, on Nov. 8, 2008 at the age of 112 years, 170 days.
Ruth Brown’s age was verified by Filipe Prista Lucas, Robert Young, Ilias Leivaditis, Oliver Trim, and Waclaw Jan Kroczek, and validated by the GRG on July 22, 2015.