- Full name: Kikue Taira [Japanese: 平良菊枝]
- Lifespan: 26.04.1910
- Age: 113 years
- Birthplace: Yomitan, Okinawa Prefecture, Japan
- Last residence: Yomitan, Okinawa Prefecture, Japan
- Application date: 18.09.2020
- Validation date: 05.03.2023
- Validation source: MHLW, Japan/Yumi Yamamoto/Waclaw Jan Kroczek
Kikue Taira was born in Yomitan Village, Okinawa Prefecture, Japan on April 26, 1910, as the third of four daughters. Her older sister was another validated supercentenarian from Yomitan – Kame Ganeko (1905-2019). At some point, she got married and gave birth to six children (five sons and a daughter). While still living at her own home, she enjoyed cooking. She was good at knitting, and she would make woolen capes and other gifts for her children and grandchildren.
In April 2020, she celebrated her 110th birthday and became a supercentenarian.
As of her 113th birthday in 2023, Kikue Taira continued to live in Yomitan, Okinawa Prefecture, Japan.
Kikue Taira is the younger sister of Kame Ganeko (10 April 1905 – 18 October 2019). Together, they are the oldest known pair of siblings (combined age) in history. She and Kame Ganeko are the second ever known supercentenarian sister pair.
In September 2020, Taira was reported as the seventh-oldest known living person in Okinawa Prefecture.
In September 2023, Taira was reported as the second-oldest known living person in Okinawa Prefecture, after Kame Uema.
- The world’s oldest pair of supercentenarian siblings (Kame Ganeko & Kikue Taira)
Taira’s age was verified by Japan’s MHLW, Yumi Yamamoto, and Waclaw Jan Kroczek, and validated by the GRG on March 5, 2023.
Kikue Taira celebrating her 103rd birthday in 2013.
Kikue Taira at age 112 in March 2023.