- Lifespan: Sept. 6, 1903 – July 16, 2015
- Age: 111 years, 313 days
- Birthplace: Thornton, Calhoun County, Arkansas, USA
- Last residence: Sanford, Seminole County, Florida, USA
- Validation date: Jan. 11, 2015
- Validation source: Jason King/Ilias Leivaditis/Anson Davis/Mark Muir/Marco Wikkerink
Georgia Chorpening was born as Georgia Oakley to George and Alangus Oakley, in Thornton, Arkansas, USA, on September 6, 1903. She spent her childhood in Fordyce, Arkansas, and moved to Sanford, Florida, in 1926. She married Carl Chorpening and had a son, Carl Jr., both of whom she outlived. Chorpening worked as a school bus driver for 23 years, and volunteered at the Sharing Center and the jail ministry. Chorpening drove until she was 96 and moved into a retirement home at the age of 100. In 2004, then Governor Jeb Bush awarded her the Points of Light award for her many years of public service.
Chorpening turned 110 in 2013, and her age was validated by the GRG on 11 January 2015.
Georgia Chorpening died in Sanford, Florida, USA, on July 16, 2015 at the age of 111 years, 313 days.
Georgia Chorpening at age 111.
Georgia Chorpening, undated photo.